Call for partners: Join the UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge 2017 as a competition partner
Deadline: Nov 30th 2016
Do you want to help educate the youth in sustainable water and environment management and be part of a global network of innovative water educators?
Since 2013, over 7000 children between the ages of 14-17 in more than 14 countries have joined in the UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge and competed by playing the Aqua Republica game. Apart from having fun, the experience has helped them to learn about sustainable water and environmental management. As we continue to grow the initiative, we are looking for competition partners for next year’s UNEP-DHI Eco Challenge!
|About Aqua Republica and UNEP-DHI Partnership
Aqua Republica is an online serious game where a simplified but realistic world is created for players to play and learn—by personal experience— about the conflicts and trade-offs that exist in a river basin. The game is part of a not-for-profit initiative developed in partnership with UNEP-DHI Partnership, UNEP and DHI.
Check out the Aqua Republica video here
What does it mean to become a competition partner? By becoming a partner, you commit to:
- Organising and running a fun competition with the Aqua Republica game for high school children
- Inviting schools and students to participate in the competition
- Establishing local partnerships to help support and promote the competition
What you will receive as a partner in terms of support are:
- Access to the competition admin page
- Access to a specific Aqua Republica game for use during the competition in English
- Access to web-based training on how to use the game in classrooms in English
- A competition kit consisting of guidelines, letter templates and certificate templates to aid you in organising the competition
- Technical support during the competition
UNEP-DHI is not in a position to pay for competition partners’ time or competition prizes. However, competition partners can identify and accept support from other sources upon agreement with UNEP-DHI.
The registration is now closed.
For more information about the partnership please contact email@example.com.