PHYTOPLANKTON PIGMENT ANALYSIS COURSE
How to obtain state-of-the-art pigment analyses by HPLC
This two-day course gives you an introduction to phytoplankton pigment analyses by HPLC. The aim of the course is to improve your knowledge and broaden your skills within HPLC pigment analysis.
You will obtain all the information needed to perform state-of-the-art phytoplankton pigment analyses. The course will guide you all the way from filtering of samples to obtaining validated results of pigment concentrations, including interpretation of the results.
The course features numerous opportunities to exchange and discuss ideas and experience with fellow pigment analysts in an informal forum.
- Filtrating and extracting samples
- Choice of HPLC method
- HPLC/UHPLC systems and what is important for the analyses
- Defining the analysis protocol needed and getting the HPLC method running
- Calibration procedures
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Distribution of different pigments in phytoplankton groups
- Applications: calculation phytoplankton biomasses using CHEMTAX
- Course participants’ own examples, challenges and problems
TARGET GROUP AND PREREQUISITES
Professionals who are interested in obtaining a general understanding of what is important for obtaining precise and accurate results of pigment analyses.