MIKE HYDRO RIVER
Moving from MIKE 11 to MIKE HYDRO for river and channel modelling
This one-day, hands-on course teaches MIKE 11 users how to begin with MIKE HYDRO River and introduces all the advantages of this new platform for modelling of river systems. The aim is to enable you to import and pre-process your data, create and edit a model, and run basic river models and analyse the simulation results.
MIKE HYDRO River is our new generation of river modelling system and the successor to MIKE 11 - one of the most commonly applied 1D river modelling packages throughout the world. MIKE HYDRO River is a highly efficient modelling tool for the detailed design, management and operation of both simple and complex river and channel systems.
MIKE HYDRO River is used in a wide range of river related application areas such as flooding, flood forecasting and flood management, water quality, dam break analysis, structure operations and salinity intrusion in rivers, canals, wetlands and other water bodies. The wide range of add-on modules allows you to build your own personal river modelling tool box.
- Introduction to the MIKE HYDRO platform
- Import / export of data (including import of MIKE 11 models)
- Building river models in MIKE HYDRO River
- Cross sections generation
- Simple and complex hydraulic structures including operation and control
- Catchments delineation and rainfall-runoff modelling
- Understanding and presenting simulation results
- Model stability and calibration
- Tips and tricks (modelling performance, tools)
- Hands-on exercises
TARGET GROUP AND PREREQUISITES
Professionals who are interested in obtaining a general understanding of river modelling with MIKE HYDRO River and learn about its capabilities to set up and run river models. Additionally, existing MIKE 11 users who would like an introduction to MIKE HYDRO River - the successor to MIKE 11.
This course or corresponding knowledge is required in order to participate in our other courses 'MIKE HYDRO River - Advanced hydrodynamic modelling', 'MIKE FLOOD - River flood modelling', 'MIKE FLOOD - Integrated pipes, channels and surface modelling'.