WATER RESOURCES INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Introduction to Information Management using MIKE OPERATIONS
This two-day, hands-on course gives you a sound knowledge of information management ‘Best Practices’ appropriate for the integration into authorities’ water management decision support processes. You will learn about our successful approach for creating powerful knowledge-based systems tailored to your specific needs. The course gives you ample opportunity to share experiences with other participants and relate course topics to your own needs.
The value of data increases significantly if it can be successfully turned into useful information and knowledge. This requires a flexible data capture and storage system that is easily accessible in order to display and produce a wide spectrum of analyses and client-oriented data publications.
- Data and information management best practices
- Integration with water resources management practices
- Configuration of systems to support specific needs
- Data linkage and data capture from distributed data sources
- Data auditing, including data quality checks and logging of data changes
- Data processing, analysis and gap-filling
- Scripting tools based on Python for developing user defined tools
- Creating and scheduling jobs to automate common work flows
- Working with time series data in a spatial context
- Creation of user defined analyses, displays and reports
- Document storage to keep track of mission critical files and documents
- Web publishing to disseminate key information
- How MIKE OPERATIONS can complement our MIKE modelling products
TARGET GROUP AND PREREQUISITES
Engineers and managers working in data collecting organisations or organisations relying on data as part of their decision making process. It is an advantage, but no condition, that participants have previous experience with water management, data acquisition system and basic ICT knowledge.